Raise Your Voice 4 Peace
Raise Your Voice for Peace (RYV4P) is a singing competition for youth, 13 to 18 years old, who champion peace and healthy relationships. The program is designed to showcase performances by young artists singing either a cover song or an original composition with a socially empowering message.
RYV4P is a presentation of Jeneration J – The Jenesse Center’s Youth Violence Prevention and Intervention program – created to help youth form and maintain healthy relationships in their homes, schools, online and wherever they congregate and socialize. The program teaches young people how to identify warning signs that lead to unhealthy relationships.
Established in 1980, the Jenesse Center is a nationally recognized non-profit domestic violence prevention and intervention organization. Jenesse’s culturally sensitive programs and services not only transition families from crisis to self sufficiency, but transforms the community at large by offering education, referrals and resources that go beyond shelter. In addition, Jenesse also provides mental health counseling, independent life skills classes, computer training, job referrals, after school programs for children, field trips, tutoring and comprehensive legal services. To learn more about Jenesse Center, Inc., please visit: www.jenesse.org
- There is no entry fee for the Raise Your Voice 4 Peace competition
- The competition is open to youth ages 13 to 18 years at the time of submission
- All performance submission files must be .mp4 or .mov formats
- All entries will be judged by a panel of entertainment industry professionals
- Online submissions will be accepted beginning Saturday, August 29th through Sunday, October 24th, 11:59 PM
- No Auto Tune submissions will be considered. A Cappella performances are preferred. However, you may have a background track or live instrumentation as an accompaniment.
- Five Finalists will be selected to compete live on Saturday, November 14th at an exclusive, socially-distanced venue in Los Angeles, California with only production crew and judges as audience members. No public attendance will be allowed
- The first place winner will receive the grand prize of $3000. Runner up contestants will each receive $500
- Four of the five Finalists will be selected by event producers and organizers
- One of the five contestants will be chosen via a public online vote from a pool of semi-finalists and runner ups
- Transportation and accommodations are the sole responsibility of the contestants
- Only one parent or guardian will be allowed to accompany Finalists on the premises
- All persons entering the venue will be required to submit a recent Covid-19 test
- All temperatures will be checked prior to entering the facility
- All contestants understand that there is a risk in attending any gathering at this time, and If by some small chance a contestant or family member contracts Covid-19 during the time of the event, or shortly after, Jenesse Center cannot be held responsible.
- Finalists are required to post about RYV4P on their social media accounts.